Wednesday 20 August 2014

Introducing Curly Chan

How to start I'm not even sure I'm a little rusty around the edges. The past few days I've learnt that I'm a techno grannie! Fortunately for me I have my cousins and sisters to help guide me through.
I'm a 30 something (after 30 we don't need to put numbers to our age) or so I tell myself each year as my birthday comes around and I forget my age. Yes, every year I either add a year or take one off!
My life has has slowed down just a touch since my roaring 20's which was spent mostly being a slave to the Restaurant and Bar trade.


I say slave - because of the long shifts and afterhours that it involved, but I had a blast.
Never have I made as much cash.  That was all before tipping systems!!! Such atrocities. If you've ever waited on (trade words for waiter/waitress)you will know what I'm talking about.



At 23 I had my son but luckily have a brilliant mother and 2 younger sisters that helped mop up the hangover that lasted another few years!
Now I'm self employed and into all things creative. Born on the day of The Originator according to my stars, also told by my mother at the age of 10 " one day you need to be your own boss".


So here I am for the last 5 years my own boss not all it's cracked up to be  in the title as a full time procrastinator it can be hard to drive yourself, to become your dreams but they’re my dreams right? So yeah I know only I'm gonna be able to fulfil them!


I'm a "Last Minute Warrior" by that I mean I shine in my last minutes I'm the kind of girl that no matter what the deadline I leave it to the last hour, but in those moments time slows, those final minutes everything becomes clear and in the end I get shit done.
I'm happy to have started not just a natural hair journey with my cousins but a shared journey of documenting our lives, loves, hates, highs and lows of what life will and has thrown at us along the way.


Together we can do anything!





Curly Chan x

No comments:

Post a Comment