Wednesday 20 August 2014

Introducing Curly Amina

Hey girls ( and guys),
I guess you want to know a little bit about me and how I came to be a part of this wonderful melé of fab girls who as you all know by now also happen to be my cousins. So who is Princess Amina?
I often ask myself that question....




I'm a high flying ambitious city girl, I work in HR and my focus is on getting to the top by the time I am 33. I am on my way so fingers crossed for me! I love fine dining (eating in general is also good with me) and Louboutin shoes - any shoes really I don't really discriminate although ALDO shoes are really uncomfortable... Justsayin.
 I work hard and play hard and i'm really looking forward to  spending my 30th birthday with these crazy girls. For me our project is really important as it is the platform that is allowing me to get to know my family better. As a child of divorce you think that you are just missing out on having your Dad around, when actually your extended family unit also disappears. Starting this blog has made me realise that I missed out on much more not growing up with my family ( on my fathers side) around me. That's all in the past now and  we are looking forward.  We can show the adults that we no longer need their permission or acceptance to build and nurture our own relationships.
On top of that I think it is important that I know my family and that they know me, if nothing else other than to ensure that our kids don't end up together by accident because that would be gross!
          

Enough of the sick bucket emotional stuff.

I absolutely ADORE my gorgeous cat yes I am a  #crazycatlady but Romeo is my BAE ( who invented this stupid ACRONYM?!).
Romeo in his new carry bag. 

 I will provide you with my musings on being natural in the cut throat corporate world and my weekly tribulation of should I have nice hair or actually get my butt to the GYM ( FYI my butt is as flat as a pancake so I need to do those squats) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment