Monday 22 September 2014

Introducing the one and only Curly Amuda

Introducing the one and only, Curly Amuda…

Short story, when I was growing up I absolutely hated my name.
Growing up in the 90s I was in school with the Claires', Lisas' and Traceys'. Not like today we now have so many cultures and ethnicities, which means so many different names!! Anyway back to the story…I begged my mom to change my name in the hope I would fit in to the “norm” and would never have to correct my name when the school register was called.
Growing up I became more appreciative of my name and the uniqueness that it holds reasons being 1) Its African - which I love 2) It is named after a town in Syria 3) It is a  River 4) It means,  a liquid which when consumed makes the person live life long without a death, and also means purity. I am so happy now that my mother did not agree to changing my name, there was a plan for my life and it was to bring life to people! I am now a total believer in the importance of the meaning of names and what we call our children. 

So here I am... 28 and LOVING ME!!
I am on the journey of what people call “being comfortable in my own skin”. I went natural (how silly does that sound) in 2012 and will never look back. My daughter who is 11 loves her natural hair; she does not think how I did at her age, she adores the texture of her hair (thank God)

I am totally into inspirational videos I love, love TEDx, natural homemade care for hair and skin, anything that will motivate and inspire really! I just love to see people embracing who they are and being successful at that because it gives life and inspiration to the next generation of people.
I love to capture pictures, I love olden day stuff, treasures, antiques, vintage interior and clothing.

So my short story was a rather long one, but that is a little about me in a smidge. I am super duper excited about Curly Cousins so stay tuned for the family love there will never be a dull moment with us!

Keep it cute, Keep it curly
                Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment